Commercial Business Development
Furuno USA, Inc., a nationally recognized leader in the marine electronics industry, is seeking a dynamic individual to join our Commercial Sales team.
Position is responsible for promoting direct sales to and providing support for Furuno customers and authorized dealers. Research, evaluate and capitalize on sales opportunities in known commercial, deep-sea, military & government market segments and investigate new market channels and sales opportunities.
- Technical and market-competitive knowledge for most effective marketing and sales presentation and execution.
- Knowledge of market channels to refine sales objectives and opportunities.
- Interpersonal skills required for presentation to customer base.
- Excellent written/oral communication skills required.
- Bilingual in English/Spanish or English/French is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of and experience with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) is required. Knowledge of and experience with manual or computer drafting, Computer Aided Design (CAD), Visio and other common technical presentation tools is preferred.
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university specializing in marine trades, electronics, business or some combination of the above is preferred.
- Some higher education or vocational training specializing in marine trades, electronics, business or some combination of the above or a minimum of 5 years’ experience in the marine electronics field is required.
- Military service, government service or service aboard seagoing vessels including direct experience with electronics may be substituted for education or training.
- This position is normally based in one of the company’s offices (Camas, WA or Denton, MD), but may be based in the region for which the position is responsible.
- This position may require substantial overtime and extensive computer work.
- Position requires approximately 50% travel. Evening and weekend meetings required.
- Position requires some occasional lifting up to 75 pounds.
- Position is on “on-call” status.
- A valid driver’s license is required with an acceptable driving record.
- A valid passport is a requirement of this position.
Interested and qualified candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, and minimum salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. Salary dependent upon experience. Deadline for submission is December 1, 2020.
While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
Furuno USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status.
Download the Furuno USA Employment Application
If completing the employment application online and e-mailing to Furuno, please do NOT include social security or driver’s license information.